Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaNoWriMo Anyone?


November is write a novel in one month month, that is if you are participating in NaNoWriMo, (Can't see any link to Mork & Mindy and the alien who said hello by saying NaNoNaNo.) I did see a link to Tom Robbins, that author of "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" and "Another Roadside Attraction" His advice on writing a novel is to forget all advice and write the darn thing. Hmm...interesting.
He says that novels are compelled into being, that they come with naviete. I can be naive I think to myself hopefully as I read....I can forget things like advice too!! I have a feeling there is more to it than that but never mind, NaNoWriMo is about writing at roughly the speed of light, to write so quickly that perhaps you silence those internal censors and that part of you screaming, (it sucks, it sucks bogwater!)

No comments:

Post a Comment