Saturday, February 21, 2009

Daughters

My daughters
They ask me why they look so different with the same parents. I do not know. One has curly hair that is brown. One has straight hair that is blonde. One has green eyes. One has blue eyes. They have to have different soaps because one has dry skin and the other has oily skin. One loves boys and the other does not. They like different foods. One wears bright colors, the other wears black or grey. One is country and the other is rock'n'roll. Our lives are filled with mysterys and it is mysterious to me how I had these children who were so obviously themselves before they even learned to talk. It is like they were themselves already before they were born, perhaps our children live in heaven before they come to earth. It is yet another thing about life that we will never know and only be able to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment