Monday, March 16, 2009

The Sexiest Thing is Trust


Tori Amos sings this line in a song on "Beekeeper".
I do not know a lot about relationships and the men I attracted before I married were of the "jerks" type. This was perhaps my fate but I knew all along that there were better relationships, I just hadn't found one yet. This line resonated throughout me and started me thinking. Maybe there isn't such a division in our genders, to make a pun here. We often stress the differences between men and women but we are more alike than we are different. The road we travel on is confusing, I often thought if someone spent a lot of time with me we would naturally be close, but alas, it is not so. Maybe the thing lacking is trust. If you think about it, Ms. Amos is exactly right. The sexiest thing is trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment